The New Tom & Jerry Show (also known as The Tom & Jerry Show) is an animated television series produced for Saturday mornings by Hanna-Barbera Productions in association with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Television in 1975 for ABC based on the theatrical shorts and characters Tom and Jerry.
Here, in a much toned down, non-violent, Yogi Bear and Boo Boo-esque format, the long-popular Tom and Jerry, after years of rivalry, have finally become the best of friends in episodes wherein they roamed the world competing in sports, enduring on-the-job misadventures, running afoul of dastardly villains, solving mysteries and helping others. Some of the time, they are pretty competitive against each other. Quacker appears only once in this series, with Don Messick voicing the duckling. The characters Toodles Galore, Butch, Lightning, Topsy, Meathead, Tyke, Tuffy, Mammy Two Shoes, Joan and George do not appear in this show.
- Main article: List of The Tom and Jerry Show episodes
- John Stephenson – Tom, Jerry, Spike
- Don Messick, Joe E. Ross – Spike
A total of 48 7-minute New Tom & Jerry cartoons were produced in 1975 and originally aired in these following formats on ABC Saturday morning:
- The New Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape Show (September 6, 1975 – September 4, 1976, ABC Saturday 8:30 – 9:30 A.M. [EDT])
- The Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape/Mumbly Show (September 11, 1976 – November 27, 1976, ABC Saturday 8:00 – 9:00 A.M. [EDT])
- The Tom and Jerry/Mumbly Show (December 4, 1976 – September 3, 1977, ABC Saturday 8:00 – 8:30 A.M. [EDT])
- The Tom and Jerry Show (international re-runs)